In accordance with Fiberstone fibre specifications Glued indoor floor fitting - July 1998 edition.
Surfaces and surface preparation :
- 1.1. New surfaces
- slab-on-ground, with or without cement coating,
- structural poured concrete slab,
- added skin slab,
- adhesive coating,
- skin coating,
- heated floors.
- 1.2. Old surfaces
- old tiles or stone floors
- old thermoplastic slabs
- old traces of glue
- old paintwork.
- 1.3. Preparation of surface in accordance with specifications
- Flatness tolerance: 5 mm under 2 metre rule, 2 mm under 0.20 m rule, take-up up to 10 mm.
- Surfaces must be free of dust, grease, deposits, (paint, plaster, laitance) and non-adhesive sections
- Surface must not sweat damp.
- Cracks must be treated before fitting.
- Old surfaces and other surfaces should be treated in accordance with current specifications.
Glues and pointing products :
- CEGECOL HPA or HPR system, double application with 15 x 20 x 8 mm half-moon spreader for slabs larger than 900 cm2 average consumption 8 kg/m2.
- Wait for the high-bond mortar to dry for the stipulated time before pointing with CEGECOL CARROJOINT 50 with Rad Additives.
- Joints minimum 1 mm and up to 3 mm depending on surfaces and slab dimensions.
- Allow for fragmentation joints, edge joints and masonry shrinkage joints.
Cutting, recessing and drilling on site :
- Work with the panels placed flat on a bench, stone side up, and use cutting foam. Water-cooled diamond tools should be used in accordance with standard stonemasonry practice recommendations.
- Apply polyethylene film and soft Isorel protection, and wait before walking on the floor, in accordance with CEGECOL specifications
Sizes above 0,54 m2:
- Very large sizes are possible with Fiberstone hc (9, 20, or 25 mm) and subject to survey office approval